Municipal Clerk - University Endowment Lands
BC Public Service
University Endowment Lands (UEL) - Vancouver
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Salary $41,803.67 to $47,295.99 annually
The University Endowment Lands (UEL) is an unincorporated area located between the City of Vancouver and the University of British Columbia, with a population of approximately 3000 residents, and we operate under the authority of the University Endowment Act. Our office functions in a manner similar to a municipal office or any other incorporated area within the Province, and we provide services of a similar nature and range.
As a front counter representative and in your role as Municipal Clerk, you will develop, implement, manage and evaluate the provision of a broad range of corporate and administrative services. Under tight deadlines, you will assist in communications and provide administrative support to our stakeholders. Your experience in booking meetings, submitting work orders, processing 'over the counter' permits and licences and assisting with a variety of financial matters, including accounts payable, standing offers and agreements are duties you manage with ease.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Grade 12 and a Diploma in Local Government Management or equivalent.
- 5 years of office/corporate administration, including
- Managing processes and procedures, agenda setting, and reporting on proceedings of local elected councils/committees/Boards of Directors
- Advising elected representatives about meeting procedures (e.g. Roberts Rules of Order)
- Working with and advising local elected council/committees of council/Boards of Directors on practices and procedures
- Confidential corporate administration experience
- Customer service in a public setting, including telephone and in-person
- Demonstrated experience in Accounts Payable
- Completion of Government Financial Management Certificate program or equivalent is preferred.
For more information including how to apply online by December 26, 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=46576